UKLPG Online Shop
Click here to visit the UKLPG online shop
LPG Supplier Search
Enter your postcode
Cylinder Supplier Search
Select your county
UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers
UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers provide consumers with the assurance that they undertake a conversion in a safe and satisfactory manner. UKLPG operates quality assurance spot checks on customers' vehicles which have been converted, and a full procedure for dealing with complaints
The approval process was established in 1999, by the then LPGA, in consultation with the Department for Transport, and has been the standard for the industry for over a decade.
Approval for UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers (formerly the LPGA Approved Installer Scheme) is operated by UKLPG and has been drawn up in consultation with the Department for Transport. The scheme is the only such scheme given official government recognition.
Consumers who have their vehicle converted by a UKLPG Approved Autogas Installer have the assurance of a safe and satisfactory installation backed by a Quality Assurance Programme and Consumer Code.
Only UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers can place vehicles on the UKLPG Vehicle Register - a requirement increasingly sought by insurance companies and consumers. UKLPG also publishes Code of Practice 11, drawn up in consultation with the industry, Department for Transport and the HSE, which is the industry standard for converting vehicles to run on LP Gas.
Your business can gain a competitive advantage by becoming UKLPG Approved:
- Use of the Scheme logo providing identification of your business as approved by UKLPG.
- Opening your business to the market where insurance companies require a conversion to be on the UKLPG Vehicle Register inclusion on our consumer website - www.drivelpg.co.uk .
- Access to National Press releases
- Materials for articles in magazines and local papers
- Technical support on Code of Practice 11
- A dedicated resource to assist installers with customer complaints
- Regular inspections both to assist in maintaining standards and help with technical issues
- A dedicated area on our website available only to Approved Autogas Installers providing industry information and cautionary notices relating to problem vehicles
- Electronic update and complimentary copies posted to you of the LP Gas Magazine keeping you up to date with industry news
- The Autogas Management Team to ensure that the views of the Approved Installers are reflected in the activities of UKLPG.
To become a UKLPG Approved Autogas Installer we would strongly recommend you read our overview which includes the full details of becoming approved and the costs involved. This document is available to view, download and print - click here
Other documents we would strongly recommend you read prior to application:
- Terms and Conditions for Autogas Installers - click here
- Terms and Conditions for Technicians - click here
- Consumer Code - click here
- Details of premises and equipment requirements - click here
- Summary of application process click here
Documents to be completed and returned to UKLPG:
These forms can be sent to email@example.com or by post to
PO Box 6121
Payment may be made by either posting a cheque with the application or by credit card over the telephone (we will contact you for the card details)
Direct Debit Mandate for subsequent payments click here