UKLPG Online Shop
Click here to visit the UKLPG online shop
LPG Supplier Search
Enter your postcode
Cylinder Supplier Search
Select your county
Camping is a popular pastime, and because of its portability, LPG is often used for cooking, heating and lighting. However to keep you safe we recommend taking some simple safety precautions.
- Use LPG stoves, lights or heaters outdoors ONLY. Tents and awnings are not "outdoors" and, surprisingly, are not well ventilated. There is a risk of CO poisoning and fire if they are used there.
- Do keep LPG cylinders and cartridges outside tents.
- Do change cylinders and cartridges outside away from any source of ignition, never in a tent.
- Don't smoke when changing cylinders and cartridges.
- Don't use LPG appliances near flammable materials, including fabrics and long grass. Always use appliances in accordance with the instructions.
- Do check that the appliance is in good order, undamaged and that hoses are properly attached and undamaged. If in doubt don't use it.
- Do know where you are, what the emergency arrangements are on camping sites and how to call help.
The dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning are not at the forefront of people's minds when they go off for a camping holiday in the UK or abroad, but it can be a danger when outdoor equipment is taken inside unventialated areas such as tents.