UKLPG Online Shop
Click here to visit the UKLPG online shop
LPG Supplier Search
Enter your postcode
Recent Press Releases
April 23rd 2013
October 23rd 2012
August 24th 2012
July 27th 2012
July 21st 2011
UKLPG Support's Gas Safety Week 2012
Gas Safety Week is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire. Gas Safety Week aims to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is a national campaign with events, advertising and PR taking place across the country to help keep the nation Gas Safe.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones. Follow these top tips to help keep you and your family gas safe:
- make sure only a Gas Safe registered engineer works on your gas appliances.
- Illegal gas fitters can put your life at risk always check the engineer's Gas Safe Register ID card
- make sure gas appliances have a regular service and a gas safety check every 12 months
- if you rent your property make sure you see a copy of the landlords gas safety record showing a gas safety check has been carried out
- look out for warning signs that your gas appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room
- know the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
- install an audible carbon monoxide alarm
For gas safety advice or to find and check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk.